- Do you thrive under pressure in a dynamic environment?
- Are you experienced in writing material for a variety of channels?
- Join CSIRO’s Communication team and help share our science with the world!
As a Communication Advisor in the Employee Communication team at CSIRO, you will inform and engage more than 5000 employees across Australia. This role will see you develop content and campaigns to cater for a range of stakeholder groups; predominantly staff and other internal partners, but you may at times be required to work with industry, other government agencies, media and the general public. Supporting CSIRO’s purpose to deliver innovative science, you will also collaborate with the broader CSIRO communication network to disseminate organisational priorities to external audiences. We will call on you to work independently and within small or large teams and, with a number of competing priorities to juggle you will regularly draw on your exceptional time management skills.
If you have a track record of influencing positive employee engagement and can design and deliver effective and creative communication services, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Day-to-day service delivery may include:
- Developing and implementing strategies.
- Writing material for various channels (including social media and the web).
- Managing issues.
- Delivering campaign activities.
- Building strong organisational networks.
- Contributing to a positive change in organisational culture.
You will also
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Lead small project teams to deliver creative and engaging campaigns.
- Provide a flexible, adaptive and responsive approach to delivering planned communication activities.
- Apply contemporary communication skills to deliver effective outcomes.
- Contribute to the implementation of the CSIRO Corporate Affairs Strategy and the Employee Engagement Strategy.
Location: Negotiable – Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney Canberra, Hobart or Perth
Salary: AU $82k to AU $93k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of approximately 13 months (ending 30 May, 2020)
Reference No.: 61315
To be considered you will hold a relevant tertiary qualification and have relevant experience in communications – PR, marketing, digital, media or journalism.
You will also have:
- Experience developing and implementing communication strategies.
- Experience managing integrated and creative communication campaigns, especially in employee engagement or internal communication.
- Experience creating content for digital audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex data.
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines, maintain attention to detail and focus, deal with complexity and ambiguity.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team, collaborate widely and provide guidance to managers and staff.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment - CSIRO
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying.
Monday 6 May, 2019 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.