- Join CSIRO's dynamic Journals publishing team!
- Contribute to CSIRO's impact through publishing excellent science
- Provide professional support and advice for editorial boards
CSIRO Publishing is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person with deep experience in STM publishing to join our Journals Publishing Team. The Business has a global reputation for quality products and services, including scholarly journals, all with academic editors leading the peer review process.
The Journal Publisher will oversee a portfolio of peer-reviewed journals that serve research communities both nationally and around the globe. The successful candidate will work collaboratively and according to the CSIRO values with internal teams and external clients toward the achievement of objectives. These objectives are directly linked to our strategy of delivering impact through publishing excellent science, fostering an excellent customer service culture, and financial sustainability.
This is a re-advertised position, previous applicants need not apply.
Specifically you will:
- Formulate and execute rolling strategic plans for a portfolio of scholarly journals
- Manage performance of and nurture relationships with Editorial Boards and learned Societies
- Create, track, and be accountable for budgets for journals in your portfolio
- Contribute to growth and product development by identifying new opportunities and partnerships and retaining successful contracts
- Champion and promote the Business through domestic and international travel representing CSIRO Publishing and our products at conferences and stakeholder meetings
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU $95K - $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a science, technical or medical field or equivalent experience and knowledge
- A minimum of three years’ broad experience in commercial STM scholarly publishing environments including demonstrated success in journal development and strategic management
- Demonstrated skills managing relationships within a scholarly publishing environment, including working effectively as part of a team, proactively collaborating, consulting and sharing resources to accomplish objectives by providing strategic guidance to internal teams and external stakeholders
- Proven experience analysing and interpreting publishing metrics, including financial data, with the ability to use data to influence others
- Proven experience in setting and managing budgets
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter providing enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Please view the full position details and instructions on how to apply here: Position Details
Applications open until filled