- Develop partnerships & community capacity for collective action & advocacy for a safe & just climate future
- $100K - $112K + Super
- 5 year fixed-term position
At Moreland our community is vibrant and diverse, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, libraries, gallery spaces, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive council with 180,000 residents and 'audacious goals' for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, making Moreland a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Zero Carbon Campaigns Officer is a senior role in the Sustainable Communities Unit, within the City Change Branch. This new position will develop and lead projects and partnerships to achieve key objectives, targets and priorities within Moreland’s Zero Carbon Moreland (ZCM) Climate Emergency Action Plan (2020/21 – 2024/25) and ZCM 2040 Framework.
The role has a specific focus on fostering community engagement, behaviour change and collective action (particularly related to energy transition and sustainable transport) and advocacy campaigning to accelerate climate emergency response by Moreland’s diverse community, business and all levels of government.
The role will be accountable monitoring and reporting on community mobilisation and campaigning activities within the five-year Action Plan and will collaborate with the new Zero Carbon Moreland Implementation Lead and Climate Emergency (Internal) Integration Officer to mobilise the community and cross-council staff in acting together for a safe and just climate future.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Experience leading community engagement, behaviour and/or system change initiatives and advocacy campaigns
- Project management experience including managing contractors and budgets
- Highly developed communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple stakeholders
- Tertiary qualification in sustainability or related discipline
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Values and purpose driven work
- Constructive and supportive team culture
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Work-life balance including Monthly RDO
For further information please contact Michaela Skett on 03 9240 1264
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Applications close: 5pm, 26 July 2020
(in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.