- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $112K - $126K + Super
- Full time permanent role with monthly RDO
- Job Ref: 17859
The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast growing city which is home to more than 170,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Unit Manager Communications you will play a key role in managing Council’s reputation through strategic communications advice, issues management, and maintaining and enhancing Council’s brand.
The Unit Manager leads a team of professionals to effectively communicate and engage with the diverse community and stakeholders of Moreland in relation to Council services, projects, activities, achievements and values, through various channels.
The Unit Manager is also responsible for leading Council’s internal communications, and keeping the team focused on informing, engaging and advocating for a better city for everyone. This is undertaken through engagement with the community and the organisation, understanding the trends and pressures impacting local government and developing and implementing strategic communication approaches.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Qualifications within strategic communications, public relations, journalism or other relevant fields
- Demonstrated work experience in planning and delivering complex community engagement projects
- Significant experience leading, coaching and developing teams
- Demonstrated experience in crisis management, brand and reputation management in a large/complexed organisation
- Experience in developing and implementing effective communications strategies
- Proven experience in monitoring and applying continuous improvement to the development and delivery of communications plans and processes
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of Work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Jessamy Nicholas on 9240 2431.
Applications close: 5pm, 6 May 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse